Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Project 1 (a)

 



My first idea for project one stemmed from the phrase "Concrete Jungle." I started playing with the idea of how I could represent in a fun way the before mentioned phrase. 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

As I explored the phrase "Concrete Jungle" I started to think about the characteristics of a city. The first thing that came to me were skyscrapers and their ability to somewhat defy gravity by growing into the sky. Obviously i am aware of the fact that this is 'not' an actual defying of gravity but is in fact the exemplification of gravity.
Either way ... Antigravity 






So then i thought of the super fun toy most of us had growing up; Barrel of Monkeys!

 I thought that monkeys would be an awesome tool to use for the 'Jungle' part of my phrase! I thought it would be cool to link the arms of the monkeys with a spot of binding (glue) and then stand them up 'anti-gravitationally.' arranging them in the conceptual form of a city. 



 Because funds are limited for me I'm going to have to use a more viscous material (plaster) than a liquid plastic thus not being able to create the thin monkeys from a mold. So i will have to venture off and come up with some other idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment